12.28.2009

Taking Inspiration

I can see you.
Yeah, you.

But I can't hear you
from way over there.

You should come closer.

I know why you're here.
Oh, yeah, I know alright.
So, get started.
Hop to it.
Don't just stand over there,
all alone,
waiting for me to come
and bring you here
myself.

I can't do it
by myself.
I can't do this
by myself.

You should come closer.

This isn't the first time,
yours,
or mine.
We've both been here
before,
and it's turned out alright.
Right?
It'll all be okay.

You can come closer.

I've been so patient,
waiting for you
to return.
You're such a quiet,
indecisive,
self-conscious thing,
you,
rarely speaking above
a whisper.

You must come closer.

That's it.
Just a little further.
You're almost there.

Now,
was that so hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay comments!! Constructive criticisms are most definitely welcome here, and some profanity will be allowed, just so any posts containing such will not make Alicia come off as a hypocrite. Merry Commentating! :D