1.17.2010

Sunday Musings: A poem with no title

I don’t want to spend my whole life getting ready,
Dressing the part,
Setting the trap,
Waiting for someone to take the bait.
My hunting style
Is not standing by the wayside,
Hoping to happen upon something worthwhile,
Taking what I can get,
And not looking back.
Because I would look back,
And I would hate what I see,
What eventually came along,
What I could have,
Would have,
Should have had all along.

Mechanical traps can win out in the end,
But hunters who stalk their prey,
Learn their ways,
Know how they operate,
And discover their weaknesses,
Have better success stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay comments!! Constructive criticisms are most definitely welcome here, and some profanity will be allowed, just so any posts containing such will not make Alicia come off as a hypocrite. Merry Commentating! :D