3.28.2009

Inciting the Wrath of a Poet

I realize that this goes against my philosophy of "Let your poetry speak for itself: no intros," but I've already started. So there. I included this poem in my rough draft packet of personal poetry, but forgot to type it up in time for the final project. Therefore, I decided to post it here. The title of this post is the title of the poem as well. Enjoy.

anger pulsing,
taking over,
Controlling,
even those most stable
can be
pushed
over
the
edge
of their
sanity, reality
redefined
as Unreasonable,
but not anymore.

Egotistical,
Selfish,
and
Lazy:
three Sins
rolled into
one.
never cross those
who can
Manipulate,
aren't afraid to
do what they have to,
to get
what they want,
what they need.

respect
denies
attributes of the
self,
morals and values
(dis)IN(te)GRATE
under
the Watchful eye
of
Idle hands.
the beholder is
no longer
what matters
once
a Soul
is set
on
Fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay comments!! Constructive criticisms are most definitely welcome here, and some profanity will be allowed, just so any posts containing such will not make Alicia come off as a hypocrite. Merry Commentating! :D